gurufly

Re: PLE200 with PLE300

Thanks for taking the time George. Makes sense.

I will be undergoing some changes (unfortunately) and will likely be combining the PLTE200 (since it says it is compatible with older home plug units) with several older units such as the PLUBR10 and the PLUSB10. The AVs don't appear compatible at all. Bummer. But at the very least, hoping this will work.........

gurufly

Figured I'd post here in follow up to my previous post and because there are precious few threads on powerline adapters.

Managed to combine two PLTE200 units with three older units that are PLUSB10. They are all in sync and rolling it appears.

The two newer units are faster as advertised. I put one new one at the "home" where the router is, figuring I needed a faster one there to get it into the powerlines at a higher speed for maximum effect. The remaining adapters throughout the house are one more PLTE200 and the 3 PLUSB10 (ancient) units.

a56330y

Hi

I did it.

I've just connected a PLE 200 with a PLE 300 and it works fine.

1st : download and install the software http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/PLK200/download

2nd : download and upgrade the firmware of your PLE 200 http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/PLK200/download

3rd : in Security Tab, check The Network Password is "HomePlugAV", click "Save" and then close the software

4th : connect the PLE 300 and run the PLE 200 software

5th : in Security Tabs, set the "Network Passwork" to "HomePlugAV" (the default) and click "Save"

Good luck !

Rollemeaway

They will work together if the PLE200s are updated to the 3.3 version firmware.  I did it over the weekend and they work well together.   It is a bit tricky and a little time consuming but they work fine together.  To update the 200s..

1) use the PLE200 setup utility that will instruct you to connect the 200 DIRECTLY to your PC and plugged into a wall electrical outlet.

2) then use the upgrade utility to update the firmware...flashing the firmware takes only seconds but you need to make sure you let the unit go thru its routine to sync with the rest of the network befor unplugging it ...or you 'll likely brick it

3) the firmware upgrade is a .bin file you need to load on your pc and then point to in the upgrade process.  other threads in this message board give detailed instructions.

the 200s and 300s will work together!!  Linksys just makes the upgrading of the firmware more difficult than it has to be by not giving good instructions to its customers...

Rollemeaway

By the way I upgraded the PLE200's firmware with a pc running Windows XP.

Rhick4115

George,

Thank you for your post.  I have the PLTS200 4-port adapter, but need to get the required 2nd adapter to hook to my TV and a second computer.  As already stated the PLE200's are no longer available, but I do not want to go to the expense of purchased an brand new Kit with 2 PLE300's.  I really don't have the available funds.  Thanks to your post, I now know that the two models can connect and you have provided the directions on how to make that happen.  

This was very valuable information for me and I thank you.

Regina

kevin1061

Similar situation, but I had purchased two of the older block AV 1.0 HomePlugs, and I was able to get a 300 all working together.  One of the 1.0 plugs failed, and I bought a set of PLTK300 (thinking I was getting 300's, but actually a PLE200 and a PLS200), but neither of these can be seen with the 300.  I dropped the 1.0 out of the system to keep the newer units together, but even after doing firmware upgrades on the 200s, I can't see the 300.

Very frustrating!  So, until I find a solution, I have the 2 - 200s sitting on the floor, and the 1.0 and 300 up and running.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein
kevin1061

Re: PLTE200 /PLTS200 with PLE300 and PLE200

Sorry, I have to amend my question below.

I have the block HomePlug, and it is a PLE200, upgraded firmware to viva which works along with the PLE300 with no problems.  The PLE200 is connected to the router, and the PLE300 is remotely located.

When the PLTE200 is connected to the router, I can see the PLTS200 (both firmware viva), but not the PLE200 or PLE300.

The issue is getting the PLTS200 and PLTE200 to be seen remotely, or conversely, getting the PLE200 / PLE300 to be seen remotely if I use the PLTE200 as the connection to the router. I have made sure that the network password is the same for all the units, but they still can't be seen all together in one of the utilities for the devices.

Which is the best setup, and if I need to get the PLTE/PLTS200 firmware upgraded? The utility for the PLTE/PLTS200 doesn't have a firmware upgrade option as far as I can find.

Any ideas? Any help?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein