Dalidah

PLE300 / PLS300 / PLK300 firmware upgrade

Hello,

I downloaded the latest firmware  from linksys website for PLE300 and PLS300 (it appears to be the same file).

Unluckily I did not find a way to upload it to the device: there is no configuration utility to download.

I tried the configuraiton utility for PLE200: it appears to upload the new firmware to the PLE300 (saying upload successful), but after reset firmware version number is the same old one.

Did someone find a way to upgrade the PLE300 with the new firmare?

Any help will be appreciated :smileyhappy:

nolimit5

Re: PLE300 / PLS300 / PLK300 firmware upgrade

Hi. I was able to check the PLK300 firmware from the Linksys website and it's a version 3.3.0.12. If I'm not mistaken, you could update the device firmware using the setup wizard under Advanced configuration. Thanks!
Dalidah

Hello, you're right regarding the firmware revision on the website. But .. how can I access the setup wizard?I cannot find an utility in the website to upgrade nor configure the device and there is no utility in the setup CD bundled with the unit. 

:smileysad: 

Merlin

I have same problem

i didn't find any tools for upgrading PLS300

Anybody find it?

I create network with two PLS300 and testing speed, 20Mbit /s but in specification must be 200 Mbit/s (100Mb limited by Lan) 

Why they didn't transfer on that speed?

I didn't have any APC or any filter in wire Poin to Point

Dalidah

I did not find any siolution yet. 

Linksys online help is completely useless. It appears they released a fw update without releasing the update utility..

:smileysad:

fjolles

Did anyone found a solution to this since January?

It's May 17th, and it doesn't seem that Linksys/Cisco has posted anything more on their site or knowledge base.

spacecadet

Noticed that a utility was posted but it is for the PLE200.  Has anyone tried to see if it will allow you to update the PLK300 (PLE\PLS 300) units?  I tried one of the older utilities some time ago and it caused the 300 to become useless.  I had to send back to Linksys to get a replacement.  I don't want to go through that again.
spacecadet

Link has since been pulled.
gmenfan

[ Edited ]

The latest frimware release v3.4 (I believe) has a built in setup wizard.  Download the file extract it, run the setup.exe file.  If your devices don't show up you may have to temporarly disable your AV and firewall programs, then select the device and upgrade.  I hope this helps.  I just did mine last night and the only issue was I had to disable my AV and firewalls for the setup wizard to see the devices...

adem0x

[ Edited ]

I have 6 PLS300 devices here, and in the utility they all show up.

Great.

Instead of the utility telling which one(s) need upgrading in one page, I have to select each one --one by one-- and see whether they need upgrading.

OK.

I could put up with that --barely.

But, every time I select a device, its order in the listbox changes! Which means, I have manually to keep track of which which ones I upgraded !!! Why can't it let me have checkboxes for all those in need of upgrading and just upgrade them in one go? No reason.

It shows transmission speeds for all but the selected one.

Why?

No reason.

Any fool could write a more user friendly utility than this one.

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)