Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jpalmatier

PLE300 Unable to restore factory defaults

Has anyone been able to reset the PLE300 to the factory defaults?  The "Security" setup failed and the two units will no longer talk to each other.   I have tried every combination of pressing the reset button on both units that I can think of - 3 sec, 10 secs, 30 secs; with power connected and without power connected.  Is there a secret?
ridcully

Re: PLE300 Unable to restore factory defaults

There is no such secret...

You may just press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with the Power cable connected, then leave the unit unplugged and wait for 1 minute and re-connect the power cable...

Download Utility 67.3 MB, re-install using the Utility...

jpalmatier

Thanks for the reply I'll give it a shot.

And while I guess thats not a "secret:" - 30 seconds as opposed to the manuals "10-seconds" without mention of power connected or not, coupled with leaving it unplugged for a minute which is not mentioned anywhere at all - certainly qualifies as well disguised open information.

dd5087

I couldn't get mine to reset either but I did fix the problem.  I downloaded the utility from the download section for the PLE300.  I know it says it's for the PLE200 but it will work with the 300 series.  You must connect both units (PLE300 & PLS300), one at a time to the ethernet cable going to the router.  Then use the utility to set the passwords to what you want.  It worked like a charm.