DarylW

PLK200 - interference solution?

I just bought a PLK200 and have a successful network running. Unfortunately, our treadmill creates some form of interference which disrupts the network when the tread begins to draw enough energy to power the motor. Does anyone know a way to minimize this interference? I've tried running an extension cord from another room, but it still causes the network to falter. Thanks, D
binky

Re: PLK200 - interference solution?

Try to get extension cord with thiker insulation, and if possible insulate the adapter as well with some kind of dielectric material it might help.
DarylW

Re: PLK200 - interference solution?

Thanks for the reply, binky. Let me clarify. The problem doesn't seem to be some form of radio waves or electro-magnetic interference being broadcast from the treadmill. The feedback seems to go through the electrical system in the house. To test this, I moved the two powerline ethernet boxes to the top floor of our house and set up a network. The treadmill is in the basement and it still killed the network link when engaged. I assume this means the feedback must be going throughout the house's power system and interrupting the wavelength on which the network is communicating. Anyone with some possible solutions? The best I can think of might be a line conditioner or a power supply to act as a buffer (are those the same things)? D