2bigdogs

PLK300 Firmware

Hi,  I just bought a PLK300 kit and wanted to check the firmware revision on it and possibly update it  if needed. Unfortunately the user guide doesn't mention this at all and "Live Chat Support" didn't know either.   Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

helm

Re: PLK300 Firmware

Please logon to www.linksys.com/downloads and download the firmware for plk300.
2bigdogs

I know where to download it from, the problem/question I have is how to I determine which version is on my devices and how to update them since there is no "web interface" that I can see as with a router etc., and unfortunately the user guide on the CD does not go into that.

Thanks

Devhack

PLK300 Firmware Upgrade but No Utility to Install It

Problem: Firmware updates for this kit (includes PLS300 & PLE300) are posted, but there is no utility for upgrade or discovery purposes posted for these 200Mb devices. (It's not in the box, nor posted on line.)

"Solution" offered via Tech Support phone call today: Download and use the PLE200 series utility and use it only for upgrading the firmware.

On-going Problem: Neither the PLE200 Client Utility, nor the PLTK300 Utility (85Mb devices), work; the PLE200 doesn't open (even w/compatibility mode) due to "network interface failure," and the PLTK300 Utility opens but can't discover the devices. This may have something to do with my running Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

However, these are new devices that should have their own utility, and there should be no problems with 64-bit Vista.

Tech Support: What do you suggest? When will there be a utility dedicated to this product?

2bigdogs

Re: PLK300 Firmware Upgrade but No Utility to Install It

Devhack,

Thanks for your reply, I will have to see if I can find that utility on their site and hopefully Linksys will offer something for the PLK300 soon as well. Will that utility also tell the firmware revision before upgrading? Is there any other way to access the firmware on these devices?

Thanks Again,

Devhack

Re: PLK300 Firmware Upgrade but No Utility to Install It

2bigdogs,

You'll find the 2 utilities via: Technical Support/Choose A Product/Specialty Products/Powerline/.

There are 11 products pictured there; the utilities are under the 9th & 10th products (going left to right, then top to bottom). I suggest you try the utility listed under the PLTK300 product that is in the 9th product group (the picture for that group is that of the old silver-colored adapters, but that's where the PLTK300 is listed!). Also, on the same page with the downloadable utilities are user guides that reference how to use the utilities.

Since neither of the utilities are apparently compatible with my 64-bit Vista, and I could not discover the devices at all, I can't tell you if they will provide current version numbers, but would certainly hope so, then also giving you an option to upgrade.

Let the forum know if you're successful and under what operating system you were attempting to upgrade. Good luck!

Incredible and inexcusable for Linksys to sell products with posted upgrades that can not be installed for lack of accompanying software, let alone leave it to us customers to figure it all out.

Scott R

I just got the PLK300 a couple of days ago.  I was able to install and use the version of the utility software for the PLE200.  It detected both units (the source unit connected to my router as well as the extender).  The software was reporting that both units had firmware INT6000-MAC-3-3-3305-12-2065-20080606-FINAL-B

I attempted to upgrade the firmware to the 10/23/2008 version posted on Linksys' site, and it indicated that the update was successful, but the software still reports that the units are at the same version as before.

Devhack

Scott R,

What operating system are you running? My hunch is that I can't install any of the current PowerLine utilities under 64-bit Vista.

Thanks.

Scott R

Sorry, I meant to mention that.  I ran it successfully on my desktop running Vista 32-bit, as well as a laptop running XP.  FWIW, I also tried installing the more recent utility  software for the PLTK300, but that didn't detect my PLK300 devices.
bridgesd2

[ Edited ]

What version of the PLE200 utility are you using. I'm running Vista 32-bit and I found that the v1 utility didn't work, but the v2 one did.

Also, any chance you could borrow a 32-bit laptop to do your upgrade? (ridiculous, but might be a way around the issue.)

Also, TraderDan put together a nice instructable about updating firmware:

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wired_Adapters&thread.id=1015

Message Edited by bridgesd2 on 11-30-2008 09:15 AM