dmistry@parker.com

PLTE200 - Speed

I have connected my PLTE200 to my computer and the other end to my router. When doing a download speed test using site www.speedtest.net, I only get 10MBs speed, yet if I connect my laptop wireless to the router I get download speed of 45Mbs. I have 50 MBs Broadband.

Can any one suggest how I can up the speed.

peanuts

Re: PLTE200 - Speed

Check the speed of the LAN of that computer. It should be selected as 'AUTO'.Here are the steps:

START--> right-click My Network Places and click Properties

right-click on the device and click properties

Click on the CONFIGURE button

Select the ADVANCED tab and the settings you can alter are listed on the left. So from there make the speed of the card as AUTO..

shyam12

hi here are some tips to increase your speed
Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video .
Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.
Upgrade your modem.
Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
and now check your connection speed here ip-details.com and compare it with other results.

MileHighDude

shyam12 - if you aren't going to even bother to read the person's post, why bother copying and pasting some canned reply to it?

It doesn't help.  It's a waste of time.  And it makes you look stupid.

Mile