Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tdf
tdf
Accepted Solution

Posible WIred Connection from Garage to House

I have been trying to push a broadband wireless signal from my garage office to my houes.  The distance is approx. 150 feet.  Both structures are wood frame.  I've tried using one of the homemade bi-quad directional antenna designs wish actually degraded my performance from what I was getting with the WTR5GS access point with the optional Linksys 7dbi omnidirectional range extender antennas installed.

Today I noticed that Linksys offers a solution (PKL200 Powerline Adapter Kit) that uses the house wiring.  My garage receives it's electrical service from a 60 AMP 230v circuit connected to the house main service panel to the garage sub-panel.  From the sub-panel, electricity is distributed to several 115v and 1 230v circuit in the garage including my garage office .

Will the PLK200 Powerline adapters work by connnecting my Hughsnet Modem to the Linksys WTR54GS access point in the garage and then ethernet cable from an access point port (1 of 4) to the PLK200 at a 115v plugin on one of the garage circuits and distribute the ethernet connection through the garage sub-panel to the main house primary serice panel and on a 115v circuit and plug in my house where I would set up another Linksys WRT54GS access point to establish wireless service in the house?

I know this in long, but I tried my best to describ the plan and electrical layout.

Thanks for reading.

Tom

tdf
tdf

Will PLK200s work for my situation ?

No opinions on whether the PLK200smwill work across my house to garage wiring?

Seems like a reasonable question to me?

castor

Re: Posible WIred Connection from Garage to House

No issues, it will definitely work...but you have to configure your second router...
tdf
tdf

Re: Posible WIred Connection from Garage to House

Currently have a second wireless access point 50 feet closer to the house.  Working on that for now.  Maybe with a better antenna it will suffice.

Thanks