Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ken48

Powerline PLTK300 signal keeps dropping out

When it works, it's great (speeds up to 100Mbps).  But lately, the signal disappears and when I re-establish it using the Powerline Utility, it drops out over and over again. Anybody got any suggestions?  Much appreciated.

nolimit5

Re: Powerline PLTK300 signal keeps dropping out

Hi there! When signal is dropping, does it really affects your network connection or it's tolerable? I mean, this kit has no other settings to check and the troubleshooting is more in physical connection.I think you can just try switching your adapters or maybe connect it to a different outlet. Thanks!
Ken48

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my posting.  I think the problem has been resolved - the instructions just tell you to plug the PLTK300 into 'one of the local Ethernet network ports' of your router.  I am not a techie by anybody's method of measurement (not sure what the difference is among Ethernet, WAN and LAN ports), but I had originally plugged into the LAN port of my router.  I switched the connection to WAN and it's been a few days in this slot without any problems - now it works like a dream. 

I see that a lot of people have read my original posting and I hope that this helps others with the same issue.

norcalty

This is weird... I bought the Zyxel brand of these and the same thing happened to me.  Worked for 10 seconds and then stopped.

So then I bought these Linksys ones.. same dang thing.  Hooked it up... super fast.  Worked fine for maybe 10 - 30 seconds and then fails.

I'm using a DLINK DIR-655 router and running uverse internet.  Running Windows Vista Ult on the machine hooked to it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had these problems with any of the same components or if returning your stuff and getting new ones fixed the problem.  How could I get two bad sets of two different brands... and why would they have the same problems?

Also I used different cables (the ones that came with each system)

Message Edited by norcalty on 02-07-2009 09:02 AM
7eickuli

Just bought the powerline for my parents because they were having problems with their linksys wireless setup at home.  Got it up and running and it worked fine.  1 day later, after 1 attempt to upload information, the connection dropped.  Multiple troubleshooting efforts have not restored the connection for more than 5 - 10 seconds at time.  Even worse, product is on the market for 1 year and not one software update.  Calling tech support next, but this is really not looking like a very good product.
Ken48

After using my device for a little over a year, I've come to the conclusion that the technology it relies upon isn't quite there yet. From what I've ready, there may be an issue with the constancy of the electrical connection that causes these outages and I wouldn't recommend using this technology based on my experience.