lionheart12

Question about PLK300 Power line AV Kit

In the instructions for setting up advanced security, it says to hold down the security setup button for at least ten seconds until the power led starts to flash. I did hold it for at least 10 seconds and the led does not flash at all. It does however flash when I press the security button for two seconds.

Here is what is stated in the manual and online:

1. PLK300, hold for 10 seconds until power led flashes (does not flash)

2. PLE300, hold for 10 seconds until power led flashes (does not flash)

3. PLK300, hold for 2 seconds until power led flashes (does flash)

4. PLE300, hold for 2 seconds until power led flashes (does flash)

5. The security should now be setup.

Am I the only one who notices this?

lionheart12

Re: Question about PLK300 Power line AV Kit

Is there any way to confirm if security setup properly?

scrooge

After the Network Password is configured,Adapters 1 and 2 will restart. On each Adapter, the Power and Powerline LEDs light up.If the Powerline LEDs do not light up, try again; repeat steps 1-5 you have done.

Also,if you have installed the utility on the computer then,open the utility and check under the Security tab.

lionheart12

the power led and powerline led are lit up on my adapters.

However, the first step in the manual that states that I should hold down the setup button for more than 10 seconds to restart the adapter and that the power led should start to flash, which it did not. Im not sure if this is suppose to happen.

I assumed it was fine, so I proceeded with the rest of the setup by holding down the button for 2 seconds and then it flashed as the manual stated it would.

I do not think that is how it is suppose to proceed.

scrooge

As the Power and Powerline LEDs light up,It seems that everything is fine and it is secure.