A_Generic_User

Vista Drivers for Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter?

I'm am going to do a clean install of windows vista ultimate soon. I ran the upgrade advisor to see if I had any obvious compatibility issues. Nothing major, except my Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter shows up in the upgrade advisor as needing drivers in vista. The upgrade advisor tells me that linksys has vista drivers avaliable in the following statement: "Before installing Windows Vista, go to the device manufacturer's website to download the latest driver for this device. After installing Windows Vista, install the saved driver." This frustrates me because on the linksys site, I downloaded the drivers and by looking in the zip file I see drivers for every OS except vista and I can't find any drivers elsewhere that support vista either. I do not want to buy another network adapter to upgrade so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Ricewind

Re: Vista Drivers for Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter?

Well in such case you need to download the latest drivers compatible to vista Operating System ... but right now Linksys is yet to release the drivers for LNE100TX .... i think we have to wait for few more days ...
lag_ninja

Re: Vista Drivers for Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter?

I'm having a similar problem. I just got windows xp 64 bit edition, and the drivers for 32 bit windows won't seem to work for my LNE100TX(v5). I have tried installing drivers from my windows disk (they are supposed to come with xp) as well as the ones here on linksys (although my card is actually a version 5.1, but the latest driver they have is 5.0) and none of them seem to be compatible with 64 bit windows.