nietfou
Accepted Solution

local HomePlug not detected (PLTS200)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just installed a PLTS200/PLTE200 network and I'm getting an issue to get the PowerLine utility detect the PLTS200 locally connected on my computer. The connection between the two adapters is working. Of course the utility can't neither detect the remote PLTE200, but I think it should first detect the local one before being able to detect the remote one.

What's the solution?

P.S: PowreLine Utility is version 1.2.1.7

Best regards!

Nietfou

quack

Re: local HomePlug not detected (PLTS200)

Which operating system you are using on the computer....?

Try to un-install and re-install the utility and check.

nietfou

Hi,

I'm running winXP SP3. I already tried to uninstall and re-install the utility, but it didn't work. I also tried to install a former utility version which is the only one available as download on your web site. I also tried to disable my firewall in the case the utility will use a special tcp or udp port to discover the homePlugs.

Best regards.

Nietfou

quack

Go to this website and follow the instruction. I think this should fix the issue.

nietfou

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the advise, but it didn't help, it's not a PLK300 that is concerned with the issue, it's a PLTK300. There is no HomePlug Simple Connect button on the PLTK300.

Any ohter advise? I would just repeat that the links between the two ends of the PLTK300 kit are connected together... otherwise it would be impossible for me to write this post...

Here is the diagnostics generated by the Powerline Utility

Diagnostics Report: Mon Aug 02 21:16:41 2010

Utility August 21, 2008
Copyright 2008 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Host Computer Information:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On NIC #1 MAC = 00:0C:76:3E:smileyvery-happy:5:F2
No HomePlug Device Connected

On NIC #2 MAC = 00:30:70:00:00:01
No HomePlug Device Connected

Computer network name: JDP
User name: Administrateur
Microprocessor: 586
OS Platform: Win XP V5.1, Build 2600

Powerline Utility V1.2.1.7

Remote Powerline Devices:
==============================================================================================================================
Name | MAC | Password | Rate | Network |
Last Seen | Vendor | Firmware | Sent | Misses | Drops | Fails | Hi Rate | Low Rate
==============================================================================================================================

What's the protocol used by the utility to discover the powerline adapters?

nietfou

:smileyhappy:

I found the solution! HomePlug is broadcasting to FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF with type Ethernet 0x887B. If you want your HomePlug devices to be detected, this traffic must be allowed in both in/out directions. I'm personnaly using a PC-Tools firewall and this traffic was not allowed by default setting.

Hope it may help some of you.

Nietfou

tompan

Hi there,

I am having a similar problem with "remote device" not being recognised. Has anyone had to manually configure router to allow access to internet from PLTS200 linked computer? I have WRT54GL router.

Any assistance can provide on this issue would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Tom