Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SDMF

401 Authorization Required ERROR!!

[ Edited ]
Hi everyone, here is my problem.  I cant change ANY setting for my linksys befsr41 v1 router.   i can log in witht he password (admin), but when i try and change a setting (ie filters) a password prompt pops up , then after entering my password 3 time i get the "401 Authorization Required" error. 
    so far i have reset to factory defaults, changed my firmware, and tried changing the password, nothing has worked.  i know its not a password issue.  i have spent hours on this and got no where SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

-Matthew

Message Edited by SDMF on 07-10-2007 11:19 AM

(Mod Note: Edited due to non-compliance of forum guidelines.)

Message Edited by daikunzeon on 07-10-2007 11:31 AM
Carrot

Re: 401 Authorization Required ERROR!!

try this ...

open IE >> Tools >> internet options >> contents >> autocomplete >> clear forms & clear passwords ...
SDMF

nah doesnt help
sharbill840

[ Edited ]
I have same problem with my wireless B BEFW 11S4 V4. I am able to access the set up page but cannot make any changes. After three password entries I get the red screen 401 authorization. Have you found a fix for this. I am about to replace my router

(Edited post for guideline compliance. Thanks!)

Message Edited by JOHNDOE_06 on 12-26-2007 01:23 PM
SPAWN_06

while the router is ON...press the reset button on the back of it for a whole minute.... while still pressing down, remove the power cable then release the reset button... clear your browser cache again then restart your computer... turn the router back ON again then access the router setup page once more..... you should leave username blank then use admin as your password.... remember your DSL/Cable configuration to get your Internet connection back ok? :smileywink:
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
SDMF

ok so inow know that it is some kind of program i had running or something like taht so what i do now is just boot in safe mode (with networking) and make any changes i want and it works fine, also with my other computer i can just disable my anti virus and it works, so try one of those and you should be able to. good luck :smileyhappy:
pkgeoffrey

All, I was able to solve this issue by deactivating my Norton Firewall.  For some reason it is effecting saving changes and not recognizing the correct password.
bayamerad

I can't log in with my user name & password, 

karlokoy10

ltcbroker1