boneil1964

BEFSR41 Power Supply

Hi,

My father in law gave me this router and he didn't know where the power supply was. Does anyone know what is the input voltage and the correct polarity going into the router.

Thanks,
            Brian O'Neil
             oneil7@juno.com
KevinJ

Re: BEFSR41 Power Supply

Guess your luck I showed up today. I just posted a thread about my dead BEFSR41 or at least I thought. I found it was the power supply all along after two years in the closet and having purchased a Netgear and I have the adapter right here.

The power adapter is:

AC INPUT 120V AC
60Hz Max 0.15A

AC OUTPUT 9V 1000mA
shellbhawaii

Just saw your reply to the guy searching for a replacement AC power adapter. Did he get back to you? If not, I might be interested. I am doing the same thing: have the router, lost the adapter, and want to give it to a woman at work for her kids. If you still have it, can you tell me what you'll sell it for?

Thanks.
ATusler

I guess I'm joining the queue looking for a a BEFSR41 power supply.

Yesterday I plugged power supply into a DSL modem by mistake and fried it. Fortunately the modem is OK but I can't use my router any more.

Any help would be appreciated. A quick search of eBay doesn't show any bricks but lots of used Linksys routers. Hmmm.
bdlang

You're almost better off getting a used router w/ PS on eBay than you are searching for a new PS, as far as price is concerned.

I can recommend Jameco electronics (www.jameco.com), however, they do have an excellent supply of wall warts.
Nerdy_Nitwit

The output voltage on my power supply is 9V DC not AC as early indicated by another responder.  Also the output current rating is 1000ma (that is the same as 1 amp for you non-techies).  Mine also has a center connector which is of positive (+) polarity.  If you have an adapter from an old Yamaha keyboard or some such, you might check to see if it matches these specs.  It can be greater amperage like 1500ma and still be OK as long as the connector is wired correctly.

My router is a BEFSR41 ver. 2.
turbosrule

I would never disagree with the post that says 9V DC @ 1 amp, BUT my BEFSR41-v2 takes a 9 V AC yes AC powersupply, it must convert the AC to DC inside the unit, as I bought it brand new years ago, and STILL use the same powersupply that came with it. just for a test, I checked that power supply out, and it puts out 10.5 volts AC YES AC when theres no load on it. Now the good part --- it works perfectly without getting hot with my 12 Volt DC WRT54G powersupply on it. so you tell me who is wrong in this issue?
iknowwhy

If the router can filter AC so that it just gets one current flow, then it should be able to accept DC current fine.  I would be careful about using the wrong voltage, however.  THAT can cause damage.