Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bobinyec

BEFSR81 & no ftp ls

On the Internet side of my BEFSR81, you can ftp to my server, which is on the non-Internet side.  It'll ask you for your id and password - a connection is established.  If you try to list what's on the ftp server with ls, it basically times out.

If you try this from the non-Internet side, it all works just fine.  So, it seems like the BEFSR81 is not forwarding everything.  Does anyone know a fix for this?

Firmware was re-upgraded -  no effect.  Machine was reset - no effect.

Ports 20/21 UDP/TCP are selected to be forwarded.

Thanks,
John Bobinyec
DARK_TEMPLAR

Re: BEFSR81 & no ftp ls

make sure that you have forwarded the ports to the exact IP addres of your ftp server ,its also good if you set a manual IP to your ftp server and forward ports 20 & 21 on to it.you can also access the router setup and disable the filter internet/wan request under the security settings.

to access your ftp server you need to enter the internet IP of the router found in the status menu type it on the address bar of your browser followed by : 20 or 21 (address:68.254.1.50:20)
Piz Brother,
>>>--DARK_TEMPLAR -->

that's great dark..you are really pretty techie..
W|z-k|D is on the haus...
" A wizard that reads a thousand books is powerful... A wizard that memorizes a thousand books is insane..."
bobinyec

I've done those things, except that  the "ftp address:smileytongue:ort" comes back as unknown host.

When I make the connection, logon, and do the "ls", here's what I get:

ftp>ls
   200 Port command successful.
   150 Opening data connection for directory list.
   >ftp: get :Connection reset by peer

Thanks,
John Bobinyec
bobinyec

My ISP informs me that they block port 25.  Would that have an effect?

Thanks,
John Bobinyec
DARK_TEMPLAR

port 25 is for e-mail application..but,what you can do is
check if you can access your ftp server when your pc is directly connected to the modem, to find out if you can access through the internet - if still not,then it would point out that it would be a problem with your ISP...
Piz Brother,
>>>--DARK_TEMPLAR -->