rickrat

Re: Another BEFSR81 crashes when accessing Amazon

Yup, I am still having this same problem too.

IanET

I'm still having the same issue. I tried lowering the MTU but that just broke my xbox live link so I put it back. Sigh.

register@lgsweb.net

I have same problem. Problem surfaced when I added a WAP to my setup, so I thought that was the prob. However, wired PC had same problem.  I googled this and came to this discussion.  (BEFSR81 is my router model).  Has anyone gotten anywhere with either Linksys or Amazon on this?

rickrat

It's not a WAP issue. The issue is there is a server that serves javascript and images for amazon.com that is causing a crash on the router. I even approached the cisco guys at INFOCOMM2010, to no luck.

Rick

seilogramp

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same issue for about a month now. Finally gave up, since I can't find a fix anywhere, and purchased a another brand (needed the n wireless anyway). Of course I had to VPN into my work computer to order it on Amazon. :smileyhappy:

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.)

Cardinal

[ Edited ]

I've also tried getting a solution to this problem and no-one appears to be interested as the unit is out of warranty.

Now I'm also going down the route of throwing the Linksys router in the bin.

I bought Linksys/Cisco equipment due to their reputation. Needless to say, I won't be buying any more Linksys kit for home or work.

(Mod note: Edited for forums compliance. See inbox for details.)

seilogramp

[ Edited ]

Additionally, every day my Amazon account is getting disabled. According to emails from Amazon, I may have been a victim of a Phishing scam. However, it doesn't matter what computer I access Amazon from - work, home, whatever, I'm having to reset my password on a daily basis.

I'm not sure how this could be related to the possible router issue. As stated earlier, when I'm at home, using my own router, I go to Amazon and the Internet stops working for the entire household. The only fix is to restart the router. Then when I go to work the next day and try to access amazon, I am unable to because my account is disabled. I am then forced to reset my password. I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem as well.

needham1@sbclobal.net

BEFVP41 also crashes when accessing Amazon + possible fix

I have a BEFVP41 v2.1 that also crashes when accessing Amazon.com.  It may not crash on every page, but typically only approx 1 out of 10 pages show up, and I can see with "ping -t 192.168.1.1" the router becomes unresponsive for ~5 seconds.  Checking the routers log I see the log is mostly empty due to reboot.

Flashed to latest firmware (1.02.06.3) with no improvement (BTW I could not flash using Firefox 3.6.6 - I had to revert to Internet Explorer).

While searching the internet I found a suggestion to disable logging:  Administration-->Log: Log=No.

After changing this setting I seem to be able to access Amazon just fine.  I don't know why logging would matter, but the change is night and day - amazon.com pages load fast and the BEFVP41 responds to pings non-stop.  For grins I turned logging back on and the stutters/reboots returned.  Disabled logging and works great.

I've got my fingers crossed.  Hope this helps some others.  Please reply to this forum if this does (or doesn't) work for you.

C'mon Linksys/Cisco - you dropped the ball on this issue.  Clearly there's a whole class of your products that are affected by this problem (BEFSR81, BEFVP41 at a minimum).

Thanks,
Dave

smarczewsk@aol.com

Re: BEFVP41 also crashes when accessing Amazon + possible fix - definite fix (or work around)

[ Edited ]

I've had the exact same problem with a BEFSR81 and Amazon.  100% repeatability, no other website, Amazon only, crashes the router so you have to unplug it to reboot it.  Latest firmware, Windows 7, etc.

I think you are correct, the problem is in something that Amazon is doing that causes the router to hang when logging the websites. 

Before turning off the logs, I could only get two pages into Amazon before it locked.  Turned off the Logs, and now voila, it works just peachy again.  Since I have used Amazon many times before with this same setup, something has changed recently at Amazon that is goofing up the router.

Not a single hangup all day now.

meadel

Re: BEFVP41 also crashes when accessing Amazon + possible fix - definite fix (or work around)

I sure hope that someone fixes this. I can't go on Amazon at all anymore without it knocking out my connection.

It has gotten worse in the last two months. ( using the 8 port router and Motorola surfeboard modem)