Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Skipweasel

BEFSR81 v3.1 firmware downgrade

I recently updated the firmware on my BEFSR81 v3.1 but would now like to revert to the previous version.

Does anyone know where I can find the earlier version?

I've got  2.51.4, build 006 Aug 21 2009 and need the one before.

It's not a critical problem, but more of an annoyance. I power everything here off one big switch which goes off overnight. Before the update I'd just switch it all on in the morning and everything would, after a minute or so, work fine.

Now, however, I have to power up the router a minute after the modem or it just sits there doing nothing. That's OK when I'm here, but if it's just the wife she can't reach the back to do it.

Cisco, of course, don't seem able to point me at the old file - can anyone else?

Thanks.

Wizzard

Re: BEFSR81 v3.1 firmware downgrade

Since you have upgraded the firmware of your router, have your resetted your router and re-configured all the settings from scratch. If not then Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

Well its not possible to find the older version firmware for your router, i think you need to google around and check if you can find the older firmware for your router.