Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
njcu
Accepted Solution

BEFVP41 Stops internet connection at least once a day (Not using DSL)

[ Edited ]

Recently started using this router and have noticed that at least once a day the internet connection gets dropped and won't  kick back on until I update any random setting on the router. It's getting very frickin annoying since I work from home. I have a static IP via cable fiber direct to the home so no modem is in the way.

I have the most up to date Firmware but apparently according to someone on this page: 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833124003 

"It stopped working completely after one month. After a conversationwith a very polite gentleman at Linksys, we determined that thefirmware version this router came shipped with (v1.02.00) was meant forwireless routers! The router's latest firmware is actualy v1.01.04."

"Works great most of the time. After using it about 2 weeks, it starteddropping the internet connection and required a reboot in order toreconnect to the network. After using it about 3 months, it would notrespond to a ping request or a login attempt, but continued to functionnormally otherwise. Currently, it cannot be configured withoutrebooting and it gives a ping response about 10% of the time." 

Same thing is happening to me so I'm wondering whether I have a defective router or whether it was that Linksys has overlooked something with the firmware. I have the latest 1.02.00 on v2.1 Router. 

Anybody know anything about this issue? 

Message Edited by njcu on 11-16-2008 12:21 PM
helm

Re: BEFVP41 Stops internet connection at least once a day (Not using DSL)

Try reflashing the firmware once again.
njcu

Re: BEFVP41 Stops internet connection at least once a day (Not using DSL)

Seems to have worked. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks.