Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
daverm12

Changing my RV042 MTU Settings to accomodate XBOX Live

Hey, I haven't been able to get on XBOX Live going through this router (the RV042) and testing the connection tells me that I fail the MTU test.  I've gathered so far that I need to change the MTU settings but the problem is I have no idea how.  I'm in a house where the network is all hardwired into the wall and I've been able to decypher that the room the xbox is in is directly connected to this router (whereas other rooms are on connections that are further split by a second router).  Any ideas?
Wizzard

Re: Changing my RV042 MTU Settings to accomodate XBOX Live

From the wired computer , access the router using its ip add. By default the ip add of the router is 192.168.1.1 . Enter the username and password as admin

Click on the "firewall" tab , change the MTU to "manual" and change the size to 1365.
notechmom

My son bought an xbox live.  He is having the same problem.  I'm so glad to see this help.  However, I do not even understand how to access the router.  Can you give VERY specific help??? 
pblanton

There is no setting for MTU on that page.

RV042

Firmware Version: 1.3.12.6-tm   

pblanton

Found it. On mine it is on the Setup Tab - Network subtab, at the very bottom of the page.

RV042

Firmware Version: 1.3.12.6-tm