Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
sysmd

High Latency with Router

Hello,

I am having a problem with high latency.  I have purchased a new modem per my cable providers suggestion.  This did not fix the problem.

My ping times are averaging 400ms with the router in place.  My router is a befsr41 firmware 2.00.02.  Using Speedtest.net and using the site I always use I get ping times from 100 to 500ms, most of the time closer to 400ms.  download speed about 1.2, and upload about 400k.  If I remove the router and plug into the modem and do the same test I get 16 to 28ms ping times and 1.8meg down with 500k up.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware to the latest but I get a mismatch file error.  I have also done factory setting with no luck.  This router is less than 6 months old.  My last router was a wrt54gs that I had for 5 years before it left this earth.

If any one else can suggest anything else short of purchasing a new router again I am up for suggestions.

Nick
helm

Re: High Latency with Router

Download the Firmware from here , if the firmware file includes a ',' and '0' just rename the firmware file and remove the ',' and '0'

Download TFTP Utility.

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on the device : -
Double click the TFTP.exe file and click run.
For Server- Enter the IP Address of the router that you assigned.  By default, the router is 192.168.1.1...
For Password- Enter the password you assigned the router. By default, the router’s password is “admin”.
For File- Click the triple “…” button and browse for the .bin firmware file...
Click Upgrade button to start upgrading.  A progress bar should show up to show the progress.

Once the Upgrade is done press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...