Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ikester

Re: How to configure VPN (RV082)

Make sure when you test it the remote computer (client access) can NOT be connected to the same network.  To test mine I loged on to a unsecured wireless network in my area then connected to my VPN with QuickVPN.
Richard Aichner (Ikester)
jdimpas

Yes I test it with two different networks.

the Router VPN - running ISP A
the client with Quick VPN - running ISP B
jdimpas

Actually my VPN router address is 192.168.1.1
I also enabled the DHCP 192.168.1.100 ~ 200

In Client to Gateway TAB

local security group type (subnet) IP address is also 192.168.1.X

Remote Client :IP Only.. IP address was set to 192.168.2.X

Are this configuration correct?

ridcully

i don't think you need to need to make any changes in the client to gateway setup ... because in order to use the Quick VPN you only need to create an username and password under the "VPN client access" ..
jdimpas

What do you mean? I already configured the client to gateway to default settings and created VPN client access, but still I can't connect using QuickVPN? Is their any problem with my configuration? or is their any issues using QuickVPN? what are other VPN client software compatible to this router?

To use QuickVPN, you have to enable HTTPS on RV082 and define the username/password of QuickVPN user on the VPN Client Access page. You do not need to configure anything at the Client to Gateway page.
jdimpas

Thanks for the info. I already talked to one of the technical support, they conduct VPN connection test to my router and they are able to connect. Probably, their is an issue with my workstation, specially the firewall side of it. Im running Windows XP SP2 and might be the cause of some issue for my QuickVPN... Well anyway thanks for the help.