davcat5

How to hook up my Linksys

We had to get a new DSL modem. How do I hook the Linksys up to it? I tried to do it same way it was but that did not work. What cable goes where?
dibbler

Re: How to hook up my Linksys

Whats the Model number of your Linksys Router.

The Physical Connections between your Modem - Router - Computer should be, Ethernet cable running out from your Modem should be connected to the Linksys Routers "Internet Port" and the another cable should be connected to your Computer and to the Linksys Router on any Available 4 Ethernet Port. 

If your Internet Service Providor is Cable follow this link

If your Internet Service Providor is DSL follow this link

eLLa21

did you check if you were online on the dsl modem? before you configure the router, you need to get online first on your modem but if your not and your ISP told you your modem is set to bridge mode then the router should be set to PPPoE connection using your UN and PW from your ISP. if your online on your modem and your modem's ip is 192.168.1.254, you need to change the router ip to 192.168.2.1. if your not online and ISP told you that your modem is set to bridge mode then the router should be set to PPPoE and you should typed in your UN and PW from your ISP.
eLLa21

there should be 1 ethernet cable connecting your modem and going to the internet port of the Linksys router.... your computer (w/c is online on the modem) should be hook up to the either port1, 2, 3, 4 on the router using another ethernet cable.. hope this helps..