antdude
Accepted Solution

How to make Internet IP address pingable with a Linksys BEFSX41 Router?

Hello.

Does anyone know how to let my Internet IP address be pingable from the outside with this router model? I can't seem to find the option to set that (way more configurations than my old Netgear RT311). I wasn't able to find it via Google search (all internal pings). I am using firmware version 1.52.15.

Thank you in advance. :smileyhappy:

Expert
Expert

Re: How to make Internet IP address pingable with a Linksys BEFSX41 Router?

See the demo UI here. Change the "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" option to Disabled. Then the router will respond to pings on the internet ip address. If it does not work after you change that, verify the BEF really has an public IP address on the internet port. Check the Status page it shows what IP address the router uses on the internet port.
antdude

Re: How to make Internet IP address pingable with a Linksys BEFSX41 Router?

gv wrote:
See the demo UI here. Change the "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" option to Disabled. Then the router will respond to pings on the internet ip address. If it does not work after you change that, verify the BEF really has an public IP address on the internet port. Check the Status page it shows what IP address the router uses on the internet port.

Thanks. That worked. :smileyhappy: