jeroman

I keep losing my internet connection daily

I am using Comcast Cable service with a RCA cable modem, Model DCM245.  The Comcast equipment is not the problem since if I connect directly to the modem, I can connect directly to the internet.

I started having internet connection problems every couple of weeks; I decided that maybe my equipment needed replacement after 8 years of faithful service.  I replaced everything with the last week with a new BEFSR41 Router and SD216 switch.   I now loose my internet connection daily.  I have to unplug and reconnect the Linksys equipment every morning, then the systems works fine for the rest of the day.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Re: I keep losing my internet connection daily

Take it back and get a BEFSX41.
jeroman

Had one of those; took it back because it was not stealthing port 113 and several of the sites I use daily, would not connect.

After I swtched back to the non vpn router this problem went away. 

If you need to stealth port 113, just put into port forwarding.
tedpajamas

I am having the same problems where I lose internet connection every night. I have to unplug the modem and router to get it back connected to the internet again.  Very frustrating.  I have a BEFW11S4 Linksys Model.  I am wondering if it is time to upgrade the router?  How long is their lifespan?  I have had comcast out a couple of times and everything is running fine from their end. 
mikedehaan

I am having the same issue with a Linksys RVS4000 and Comcast Modem SB5100. I lose internet anywhere between every 4 hours to every 24 hours. If anyone has any information on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Mike De Haan