VPM111

Negotiating IP Security

From my remote PC and using QuickVPN, I can ping the WAN address of the RV082 but I cannot ping any of the LAN devices behind the router.  All have static IPs (DHCP is disabled) and some do not even have firewalls (such as printers.)
I get the message "Negotiating IP Security" even if I disable the RV082's firewall.
What does this mean?  How do I solve this to get through?

Like many other users I also get the occasional message "The remote gateway is not responding" on the Windows interface but I can still access the RV082's set up pages on the WAN.  Of interest, when I disconnect the QuickVPN connection, I can still work on the RV082's set up pages just like if I were still using the connection!

Any suggestion on resolving the Negotiating IP Security issue?

Thanks.
Carrot

Re: Negotiating IP Security

Hi...first off , reduce the MTU size on the router to 1452 , export the certificate , under "Advanced VPN Settings" , enable the Aggressive Mode , Keep alive and NetBios ... the Quick VPN version has to be the latest one...also , the router firmware ....
VPM111

Thanks, that's valuable info.  Does it mean, however, that the RV082 cannot be set up properly for the QuickVPN client if at least one tunnel and/or group is active? I don't recall seeing anything about this in the manual...

Carrot

no..i don't think there should be a problem for the RV082 to work in case a tunnel is already established..