chrisj

Open TCP/UDP Port 123

Was wondering if anyone could tell me how to open TCP/UDP port 123 on my Linksys wired router - Model BEFSR81 - 8 port?:smileyhappy:
Expert
Expert

Re: Open TCP/UDP Port 123

Go to the web interface of the router http://192.168.1.1/ and set up port forwarding. This is only possible for one computer in the LAN. However, in general, there should be no need to forward port 123.
chrisj

Re: Open TCP/UDP Port 123

:smileytongue:Thank you so much for the info.  The machine that needs this port open isn't a computer - it's a special machine with software on it for patients with Dementia (it's all touch screen) and in order to get the information passed to the company and for the company to update the machine - their instuctions say I need this port open in order for this to happen.  The machine needs lots of ports open - but by default all that are needed are open except Port 123.  The machine is telling me that this port isn't open so it will not work properly until it is.  I will try what you told me to do - I have been on the web interface, but I didn't know exactly what it was called I needed to do - I have never done this before - didn't know it was called Port forwarding.  Thank you so much and I will give it a try.