JohnG
Best Buy was selling these items this week but none in stock. Also, there is NO information on the Linksys website about these items. Are these Vaporware?
KangKong

Re: PLK300

Could be. But who knows? I guess we could just wait until Linksys officially release this particular model and post it on their web site.

toomanydonuts

What is a PLK300?  Linksys does not mention it on this site.  I can find online vendors who list the product, but no pictures and no specs.  Also, I cannot find anyone who has reviewed this product.  Maybe PLK300 is just a typo.

Are you perhaps looking for a PLK200?  As best I can tell, this is the same as two PLE200 devices.

Both the PLK200 and the PLE200 are listed as "in stock" at CDW.com

ranchwhere

Vaporware  LOL.  The item photo @ BestBuy.com looked pretty 3-dimensional.  However, there does seem to be no info on the PLK300 & PLTK300 Powerline Ethernet devices ANY where.  I would suspect that as the model numbers are progressing that this is the next offering from Linksys in PLE.  I hope.  I'm also encouraged by the form factor in the photo.  Having netowrking components and an electrical transformer both snug up against the wall is SURE to overheat.  Which seems to be the biggest problem with PLE, once you get around the "phasing" of your electrical network.  I have a client with a 3 floor house and a basement that wants all 4 floors networked "cleanly".  I hope with this effort PLE is now more of a reality.  The 2 times that I've run into PLE installations, they only worked for a few months.
Mike48236

I just recently bought the PLK200 kit, so when I stumbled across this, I returned them and bought the PLK300. The kit includes a PLE300 1-port adapter and a PLS300 4-port adapter. The biggest change with these does in fact seem to be the form factor - but it is a nice change. It feels more solid, plugs in via cord, and seems to be less hot. One interesting thing for a Linksys product - this actually didn't come with any software. Just a CD with the manual. So all there really was to do was plug it in and watch it work. I noticed the old PLE200 software does detect them. Security is setup using a simple connect button.

Speed seems to be pretty much the same as the PLE200's - maybe incrementally faster, but that could just be me being wishful (mine is clocking at ~145 Mbs - data transfers at about 5 MB/s). It is nice having a 4-port switch at the other end of the connection. I'm hoping that soon they come out with the stand-alone PLS300 so I can expand to one other location.

Mike48236

It's still very interesting to me that this is not on the Linksys site anywhere. Best Buy seems to be the only place that has it. It's almost like it was released there by accident. No announcement by Linksys - nothing. And this is the only place so far where I have seen it even mentioned.
mcfaddend

PLK300 security setup

Recently purchased the PLK300 kit.  downloaded the configuration utility for PLE200.  the utility doesn't find my devices when I scan network.  I disabled the filrewall, virus software, spyware, etc. and still doesn't find them.  My OS is XP w/service pack 3.
toomanydonuts

The PLK300 is now listed on this website at:

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/PLK300