Problems with Router Model BEFSX41

recently Ive been having a problem with our router. Model BEFSX41. It seems that I cant connect to certain websites anymore. Ive upgraded the firmware and checked to see if they were secured sites (which they are not). So Im having a bit of trouble trying to get them to work again. I know its the router because if I connect directly to the modem it works fine.

Re: Problems with Router Model BEFSX41

As you have upgraded the router's firmware,reset the router for 30 seconds,power cycle it and re-configure the router from scratch.Now,check.

Im sorry to say that it did not work.

here is the message I get from the website.

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

• Internet connectivity has been lost.
  • The website is temporarily unavailable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

Now I know this is not an HTTPS website, also connecting directly to the modem I can access the site. So I can only assume that its something dealing with the DNS.

Try to open the port 443 on the router using port trigerring and power cycle the router..Now,check.

Im good with computer's but Im fairly new at working with routers so if I sound a little off please bear with me, thanks.

I tiggered the port as stated in the guide area, although it is not a HTTPS site, I dont know if this makes a difference. I then did a power cycle. Still the website could not be accessed.

After trying to diagnose the connection I recieved this message as well.

network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not recieve a response.

Try to reduce the MTU size to 1300 and click on the save settings..Power cycle the router and check.

Nope, Im sorry to say it didnt work