Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
CousinIT

RV082 and QVPN50 Router/Client software

I have purchased an RV082 and would like to increase my VPN tunnels from 15 to 50. In order to do this, I require the following QVPN50 upgrade software.

According to this documentation

Question 3
What are the HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS for the QuickVPN Solution?

Server: Currently, QuickVPN is supported on the WRV54G Linksys VPN router. By the end of Q2 '05, it will also be supported on the following VPN routers: RV042, RV082, RV016.

Client: There is no minimum hardware requirement for client-side devices, beyond their ability to support the operating systems required for software support.
How do I obtain the software?  No one at LinkSYS seems to know what I'm talking about???

Here's the home page

Re: RV082 and QVPN50 Router/Client software

The QuickVPN client software can be downloaded for free on the RV082 product page. To support 50 quickVPN users, you need to get a q50 firmware for the router at www.linksys.com/quickvpn. However, you need to first purchase a 50-user license from places like cdw.com.

Very cool VPN_user!! .... I was waiting for this response. Thanks.
CousinIT

I went to the link that you provided www.linksys.com/quickvpn and registered. Its asking for an Access code before it lets me download the firmware. Will I get the Access code when I purchase the 50 user license from cdw?

Yes, one access code allows you to download all the router firmware that supports 50-user QuickVPN.
CousinIT

Thanks. I ordered the License from CDW. Waiting for it to arrive.

I appreciate your help on this. I have tried for almost one year to get an answer to this. No one at LinkSys tech support could answer this question. INo tech support person knew of QuickVPN, even when I supplied the links and inframtion that I had. I have tried countless forums and methods to obtain this information.

Again Thanks.

CousinIT

I finally received my QVPN50 License CD and software. I went to www.linksys.com/quickvpn and Activated using the Access Code provided. It responded by saying, proceed to "My firmware list" and download trhe firmware related to your product.

I Selected the RV082 using firmware 1.3.6. The firmware for the router downloads, but has 0 bytes.

I cannot seem to retrieve the file, it always downloads with 0 bytes.

Any ideas??

CousinIT

Got it. Problem with my browser or my Barracuda appliance blocking. I was able to download it from home.