Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aecidia

RV082 - "Negotiating IP Security"

Hello,
I cannot log into the LAN side of the router from the remote client.  If I try to ping the router I get a "Negotiating IP Security" X 4 message with 100% loss.  I have been trying to set new rules, even disabling the firewall and allowing all traffic both ways, but to no avail.  Any ideas? Thanks. Olivier.

forsaken

Re: RV082 - "Negotiating IP Security"

what is the firmware version on the router ?? which VPN client utility are you using to connect to the router ??
Aecidia

I am not near the router as I answer your question.  The firmware was downloaded last May, so I assume it is the latest one.  The VPN Client utility, if I recall. is version 1.1.0 (it's the version that introduced the use of certificates.)  Hope that helps. Thanks.
Aecidia

Hi,
Your resonse hinted there might be a new version of the VPN Client available.  I got it (v1.2.5) and installed it on my client computer. Now, I can ping the router although the VPN Client tells me that it cannot establish a connection.  Despite that warning message, I can access the router from the WAN side with my browser.  But I still cannot get through to the network behind it even when the router's firewall is disabled.  Any suggestion?  Thanks. Olivier.