Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DDO
DDO

RVS4000 client lease time maximum?

Can anybody tell me what is the maximum value that can be entered for client lease times in the RVS4000 router?

If you don't know the maximum for the RVS4000, maybe you can tell me what the maximum is on other Linksys router products.

Thank you...
vai_fan

Re: RVS4000 client lease time maximum?

hi , don;t know what the max DHCP lease time is, however by default it is 24 Hrs.
why not try any value and see what happens? post your experience so that we can all know :smileyhappy:
DDO
DDO

Thanks for the reply. I haven't purchased a RVS4000 yet--I would like to but I want to make sure I can set lease times to a nice high number like 2 weeks (~340 hours).

I have some flawed equipment on my network that needs weekly rebooting if the lease time is too short.
rambopierce

Maximum DHCP lease in firmware V1.0.15 is three days = 4320 minutes.
spinrich

I set mine to a full 7 days. 9999 minutes. I agree its agravating turning off my network printer since it looses a connection when the lease time ends. It would be nice to have static ip address but then again it overides DHCP and you would be have a Server to handle those needs.
jackrustler

If you setup a static address on the router for a client, there is no expiration! This is accomplished using the mac address and assigning it to an ip of you choosing. This option is located on the lan page. You are still using DHCP but the router will always give the same address to that pc when it powers up. The pc will send out a request each time it starts up so any new dns info is automatically up to date. When you check the client address table there is no expiration listed.
DDO
DDO

Thanks everybody for the replies and advice. Dan