Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
demonadark

Router Quit Working

Hi I have had this router for a while. Never had a problem till like last week.. Connection started dropping every now and then..

And then it dropped and didnt let me back on.. I have cable internet. and my linksys router is nr041.. Any help would be appreciated.
demonadark

Re: Router Quit Working

Any Help would be appriciated!
picohat

If it's Internet dropping, then try to connect directly to cable modem from computer, see whether it works. You should check with service provider if it's still dropping.

If you suspect there is something wrong on the router, try to download the latest firmware from Linksys website and install it. See whether it helps..

Hope helps..

:smileyhappy:
picoHat
Home Network, Wireless Network and Computer Networking Made Easy
the_laubster

Re: Router Quit Working My Router is the RV042

I have 4 of these routers and two of them quite working.  This last one that quit I have been able to get into it for approximately 2 minutes at a time and then dies and nothing works.  It doesn't work long enough to install new firmware.  Any ideas?  I would really like to get these two working.  I like this router because it has a white list as well as a black list on the internet.  Any ideas would be greately appreciated. 
demonadark

I unhook and plug directly into the modem and it works fine.. It is something wrong with router. I went to website. No firmware listed for my router NR041. Do you know where i can find it?
Corleone

hi...go to www.networkeverywhere.com and check whether you find the firmware for the NR041 ..
demonadark

ok i found firmware on that but now my question is.. If I unhook my computer from internet and put internet into router i have no internet conn.. So how do I uprgrade firm  ware?
Corleone

well..you do not need an internet connection to upgrade the router's firmware .. you only need to connect the computer to the router's ethernet port ( any of 1 to 4 )
then access the router using http://192.168.1.1 . the default password is admin
once you are on the web interface , go to the "Help" tab and look for the option to upgrade the firmware ..
after the upgrade , reset and reconfigure the router ..
demonadark

ok I typed that into my web address.. And it asked for username & Pass.. I put in admin and it didnt work? I'm so confused and sad.. I have never had any problem with my router and then all of  sudden it stops working. I may just have to buy me a new one.. :smileysad:
Corleone

well..if the default password is not working .. you need to reset the router for 30 seconds and do a power cycle ... check whether you can now login with the default password admin