casalini

Running VoIP over RV082 w/Dual WAN, Cannot heard/CBH

Has antyone had difficulty running Vonage VoIP on an RV082 router (w/1.3.5 firmware).  Here is my configuration...My ISP connection is a full-bandwidth T-1 from USLEC.  I have a Netopia T5300 gateway in front of the Linksys RV082.  I am running the RV082 in the Dual WAN mode with two static IP addresses assigned.  I have four workstations and two Linksys PAP2 (Version 1) IP telephony adapters.  Both of the PAP-2 devices have static IP addresses configured.  The RV082 is configured using load balancing between the two WAN ports.  Ports 7 and 8 on the RV082 have the prioritization set to HIGH and are configured to use VLAN2.  All of the other ports are using VLAN1.  The firewall has rules enabled to permit UDP traffic on the following port(s)/ranges UDP 53~53, UDP 69~69, UDP 5060~5061, and UDP 10000~20000 and the same ports are forwarded to my PAP2 static IP addresses 192,168,1,30 and 192.1689.1.31.  OK, so here is the problem,  when running two PAP2 devices, (4 POTS lines), the call setup completes but I cannot hear audible call progression tones during call setup nor can I hear (or be heard) after the connection is made.  furthermore, when connecting two PAP2 devices to the RV082 I suffer dropouts on all traffic.  Has anyone experineced anything similar?  If so could you please share fixes? 
helm

Re: Running VoIP over RV082 w/Dual WAN, Cannot heard/CBH

does it work in the other mode i.e Smartlink Backup mode ?? what is the current firmware on the router ??
casalini

Yes, it does work in smartlink backup mode but not in load-sharing mode.  The firware revision is 1.3.5.  I believe this is the newest rev. level.  Any tthoughts?
mp459

[ Edited ]
I'm having a similar issue (although less consistent) with an rv016 and a different VoIP provider. When only one WAN connection is active, things work well; when I enable two WAN connections, I get regular but intermittent drops, and audio will stop on one or both ends of the call at some point in the call. Today I tried to bind all SIP traffic to one of the WAN ports, but lost all incoming audio. (remote party could hear me, I could not hear them). I still think some way of binding SIP/VoIP traffic to a single WAN is the way to go but am still searching on how to do this.

Message Edited by mp459 on 01-31-2008 02:16 PM