ffspecracer
Accepted Solution

Samsung BD player reports HTTP port is disabled.

As the subject says, I've hooked up a Samsung BD player to a BEFSR41 router. The router has the current firmware version. When I run the connection test for the player, the local connection is good but the Internet connection fails and the message is " The HTTP port is disabled."

I've searched high and low for a solution to no avail. I did searches on the forum and couldn't find anything. As a test, I connected the BD player directly to the DSL modem and the Internet connection worked perfectly so it appears that the blockage is within the router.

I've serched through the router setup and have changed most settings to try and find something that would work. Nothing worked so I have returned my setup to its original state.

Any help would be appreciated.

binky

Re: Samsung BD player reports HTTP port is disabled.

Try to open the ports 443-447 under port trigerring on the router and check.For port trigerring,follow this link.

ffspecracer

Thanks for the reply and try. But that did not work. Still no connection through the router.

Anyone else with ideas?

ffspecracer

Re: Samsung BD player reports HTTP port is disabled. SOLVED

Found the fix!

The problem was with using the automatic configuration. The router set up allows you to enter 3 DNS servers. The router is smart enough to try all 3 to resolve a domain name. However Samsung only grabs the first one from the router during auto config. If the first one is bad, no internet connection. By manually setting up the DNS server in the Samsung, with a valid DNS server, all is good. Or better yet, make sure the first DNS server value in the router are valid.

Hard part of tracking this down is the error message given by the player that the "HTTP port is disabled." Too bad it didn't say something like "Cannot resolve domain name."

javier1271

Thanks a lot !!!! This really fixed my connection problem. I was able to connect with an older router, and I knew that there was something wrong on the new router settings. I manually enter the DNS address on the Samsung BD player and I made sure that it matched the DNS address that the router was displaying. Also on the router choose the static IP setting instead of "auto". This allowed the connection and passed the network test. Let me tell you that there are a lot of people out there that have this same issue and similar issues related to "network connections", "gateway ping", "http port blocked", all caused by wrong settings. I talked to Samsung and they had no clue. I asked the question on their website and they didn't even posted it on the Q & A support. The player is great but the support is awful.  In today's consumer electronics, is not as easy as "plug and play". You have to be almost an engineer to be able to set up your equipment. I feel sorry for our parents and grandparents that always have such a hard time with these.      

bmkmd

Help! That didn't work.

Samsung is of little help other than how to reset the wireless setup to start over.

I too had trouble even getting to this problem, but eventurally worked my way through using the information from my laptop Wireless Network Connection info. Windows 7 worked very well in tracking this down.

I had to use manual as Auto didn't work.

I too came up with everything rosey except no connection from the router to the Internet and "HTP port is disabled..."

I have already confirmed the IP and DNS numbers., static and not automatic, and that is not where the problem seems to be. for me. I have a 2Wire99 dsl router, and sbcglobal will not help me out, only with computers, not other devices.

The routercompany,  PACE who makes the 2Wire routers has info about firewalls and ports, but to set up a new port, you have to know the range from the device, which means going back to Samsung.

Samsung: good equipment, poor support.

Help

Jason Doege

I had similar problems. I copied all the setup info from my laptop (you can find this by typing ipconfig -all at a command line.)

In a nutshell DHCP didn't work, I had to give my blu-ray dvd player a static IP address (picked a number unlikely to collide) and enter the mask, gateway and DNS manually. No biggie, but the DNS from my IP provider didn't work for reasons I can not fathom so I used Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) and voila! It worked.

What a pain. I have no idea how an average person who has no reason to know what DHCP/DNS, etc. are could possibly be expected to work through all this.

@NO_SCREENNAME@

Thanks so much! Over two years later, 11:30pm, tired and frustrated, finding your fix was a great relief. Just changed the Samsung to a fixed public DNS server and all is well.
sspaulding61

To fix the Samsung Blu Ray network error HTTP is blocked or disabled

Change the DNS IP Address to 8.8.8.8 in the Network Settings.

Then retest.