AnthonyP

Setting up wireless networking with WAP54G, BEFSR41 and BEFCMU10

Hello.

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up my network with the following equipment:

WAP54G
BEFSR41
BEFCMU10

Setup:
I have a brand new BEFCMU10 hooked up to an older WAP54G. Currently, this is working fine, however, it's only working for one workstation at a time. To alleviate this, I'm trying to add the BEFSR41 v2 to give additional IPs to my network.

Wiring:
The BEFCMU10 is hooked into the WAN port on the router. The WAP54G is then hooked into Port 1 on the router. There are no red LEDs and I can see the ACT light flashing on the router when it is hooked up. If I hook my desktop machine directly into the router, I can successfully get assigned an IP address, however, it doesn't route anywhere. I get assigned IP: 192.168.1.50, SN: 255.255.255.0. Nothing else gets assigned.

Is there something I'm missing here? Any help is appreciated. I should mention that all hardware has been updated to the latest firmware. Thanks!
SPAWN_06

Re: Setting up wireless networking with WAP54G, BEFSR41 and BEFCMU10

Try this first so you can go online with the router wired.

Reset your router first for about 30 seconds before you proceed

Setting up a Linksys Router with a Cable Modem and a Dynamic IP Address

Then you should connect the WAP54G to one of the regular ports on the router (reset the WAP54G also to make sure), you should be able to connect to the WAP on your wireless devices/clients and go online afterwards. :smileywink:

"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
AnthonyP

Thanks for the reply. I followed the FAQ and it didn't help.

Here's the weird thing.. I have the router setup (this is the default) to hand out IPs after 192.168.1.100. However, each time I hook the computer up to the router, I get assigned 192.168.1.50.

Anything else I'm missing here?

Sounds like there is another DHCP server running.  You should only have 1 enabled.
AnthonyP

My cable provider uses a DHCP server to give new IPs every couple dyas, however, that is the only other DHCP server that could be running.  The cable modem and WAP54G do not have any built in DHCP/routing capabilities.
kaka22

I'm running the same setup except its a BEFSX41 vice BEFSR41.  Have you tried assigning a static IP to the WAP54Gand setting the BEFSR41 as the DHCP server.  That's how my system is setup and it's working fine.

What is the ip address of the BEFCMU10?
Joel7

192.168.100.1 (In case anyone looks at this post.)
monteyreo

Sir, I have been interested in the use of Linksys routers, including Linksys-Cisco BEFSR4 cable DSL and wired routers for use in networking, especially in broadband applications for extracting internet signals in DVB Sattelite signals obtained from digital TV pay per view providers like DSTV, MyTV, HITV, Startimes and Go TV. The aim is to meet up local request for this, as in Europe and elsewhere, who wish to combine the services in their monthly subscriptions to also receive internet signals for emails, searches and other IM applications in homes, smartphones and over- the-router carriage. Kindly make recommendations to me for such Linksys/Linksys-Cisco Routers or modems that can do this. Bear in mind that I will appreciate the more if the modem has an ethernenet port for RJ45 adapter., or conversion. Configuration manuals or tips from you will greatly assist me in the project. The aim is to open a large local market for complimentary use of Linksys routers for home broadband applications over ethernet here. Thank you and counting on your highly esteemed response to me. Montgomery E Orji Aba, Nigeria.
RESEARCHER
meegosh

I believe BEFSR41 had been discontinued. They have new set of modem/router combo from where you could choose from - please check this link. Your other requirements was already addressed for one of the devices listed on the link I provided is a wireless N modem/router. You might need to coordinate with their marketing department if what your plans are to get bundle units for your local target market. Contact number for your region is usually posted on their site.

---
If everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer..