DavidDWill

Unable to update BEFSR11 firmware

I have an older BEFSR11 router that I have been using for several years without a problem.  Recently, it has started to drop connection - to the point were I can not access the web configuration until I do a cold reset (unplug) on it.  It was suggested that I upgrade the fireware on it as the version of the firmware is quite old (v1.32 April 2001).

I downloaded the most current firmware and attempted to upgrade the router.  However, the upgrade does not happen.  The page takes my password and allows me to select the file, but then it just sits there at 0%.  I have let it sit for over 2 hours.

The only thing that I can think that may cause an issue with the process is the fact that I am on Vista SP1, running IE8 beta.  Would this cause the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

David
binky

Re: Unable to update BEFSR11 firmware

Disable all firewall & antivirus software .....
Reset the router .... for few seconds ....
After reset again try to upgrade it .....
MarkB643

Hi David, I am having the same problem trying to upgrade the firmware on my BEFSR41 with version 1.37 on it. I run Windows XP Pro SP2, and have IE-7 available. Thankfully mine is still working fine; I just wanted to upgrade the firmware. I suspect the current upgrade is too new; perhaps the upgrade method changed somewhere along the upgrade path and now the Router doesn't respond to the process correctly. Wonder if we can get to the incremental Firmware upgrades and do it one at a time.... Regards, Mark
RoadRanger

The web upgrade page uses java and doesn't work with the newer versions of java. Use a utility called tftp2 instead - google for it. Worked great for me!