Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rghoogas
Accepted Solution

linksys router BEFSR41 ver-2

I am trying post a question and could not find a link to do a new one.

So, I had this router and I was trying to do some config, but now it does not respond to 192.168.1.1 IP. I have tried to do reset by holding the reset button on the router, Also I have looked under ipconfig in command line and nothing. Also, maybe this was what it cuased the problem to begin with, is I was trying to uprade the firmware, but I would get an error message that it can not find ...

Any thoughts from anyone???

russellmae

Re: linksys router BEFSR41 ver-2

If it does not respond to the IP 192.168.1.1 and you have already performed hard reset on the router. 

Do the ff:

-- check ip:

-- if ip is 169.254.x.x > assign static ip on your lan -- 192.168.1.5 dg: 192.168.1.1 sm: 255.255.255.0

-- ping 192.168.1.1

-- if you get replies then access the ui on your browser

Please leave me a message if this works!

rghoogas

I actually found this link and I followed it exactly and I have revived the router with firmware upgrade, since I had diag led flashing, meaning corrupted firmware.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark%2c763117%3broot=equip%2c16%3bmode=flat

Thank you for the response.

rghoogas

Thanks again for the response. I have another q. How can I connect two PCs to this router with dsl modem. One connection is ok but with second one I get IP Conflict error.

Expert
OnnagokorO

Expert
Expert

Open a command prompt window on both your computers, enter "ipconfig /all" and post the full output. That should show what causes this problem.
prkuhn

I am trying to hook up a slingbox SB100 to my linksys BEFSR41 router. I cannot seem to get it to work from outside my home network..ie the internet. I have my main computer and a laptop into 2 of the ports and they work fine. The slingbox works fine on my main computer, but can't get into it from anybody else's computer..There were only two steps that slingbox told me to do with the router.

1. Go to the "Filters" section and disable "Block Wan Requests".

2. Go to "Forwarding" and put in my port and IP address.

Supposed to be that simple, but haven't been able to view anything. Something is blocking this. I also have Norton Internet Security. I see an icon in there for the slingbox and it has my IP address in it and I have it selected as a trusted site.

Can you give me any insite on this problem.

Thanks

Paul Kuhn

Expert
Expert

prkuhn wrote:

Can you give me any insite on this problem.

Thanks

Paul Kuhn

Open a new thread.