Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
oldmcscott

need help with befsx41 router and 2 rt31p2 voip routers, want 1 large network

I am trying to configure the befsx41 as the primary device after the cable modem, with the 2 voip routers after it. I am trying to use the additional ethernet ports to work with other system components to make 1 large network. Right now with out changing configurations in the routers I have both voips before the befsx41, resulting in no communication between devices on the network. is this even possible or am I dreaming? Tried to disable the dhcp server in the voip and set the router IP to 192.168.1.2 then connected with a lan cable from port 1 on befsx41 to port 1 on voip, but no luck. After this figured out plan on adding an access point to the system so more ports are desired. 
Corleone

Re: need help with befsx41 router and 2 rt31p2 voip routers, want 1 large network

Yes you are correct connect the VOIP router to the BEFSX41 router using Ethernet Cable .... from LAN port of the BEFSX41 to the LAN port of the VOIP router ... DHCP disabled on the VOIP ...no need to change the Ip of VOIP router 192.168.15.1 .... Power cycle the network & see if it work ....