Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
TheLastRaven

of connection with RT31P2

I am having problems with my RT31P2 router maintaining constant connection with the internet.  I expereinece frequent momentary "hiccups" in my connectivity with all internet applications that I use.  The most noticable, and annoying, is with Yahoo! Instant Messenger, as it disrupts conversations, and when it disconnects/reconnects it pulls me away from another application.  For example, I have been stopped twice by it while typing this message.

Additionally, P2P software that I use drops all connections and re-establishes them at the same time that Y! IM does, and my web browser will hang trying load a web site when experience one of these "hiccups" until I hit Refresh.

I have attempted to upgrade my firmware, but keep having to restore the factory defaults after recieving an error during the upgrade.  I have no proxies established on the PC, so the issue is not there.  And finally, I experience NO issues with my VoIP service during these "hiccups."

I would greatly appreciate any assistance that can be offered.

--B

Re: of connection with RT31P2

[ Edited ]
Did you use the TFTP client to upload the firmware? I found that using the web interface, it just seemed to hang.

When you execute the TFTP program it has three fields,
Server: that's your router
Password: Admin
File: the firm ware, you browse for it

Consider these things,
turn off anti virus on the computer your uploading from
upload the firmware
press and hold the reset button on the router for 1 full minute
unplug the router for 3-5 seconds

and you should be good to go.

It's real important to press reset.

Message Edited by fox-net on 12-12-200608:26 AM

LUIZ CARLOS

TheLastRaven wrote:
I am having problems with my RT31P2 router maintaining constant connection with the internet.  I expereinece frequent momentary "hiccups" in my connectivity with all internet applications that I use.  The most noticable, and annoying, is with Yahoo! Instant Messenger, as it disrupts conversations, and when it disconnects/reconnects it pulls me away from another application.  For example, I have been stopped twice by it while typing this message.

Additionally, P2P software that I use drops all connections and re-establishes them at the same time that Y! IM does, and my web browser will hang trying load a web site when experience one of these "hiccups" until I hit Refresh.

I have attempted to upgrade my firmware, but keep having to restore the factory defaults after recieving an error during the upgrade.  I have no proxies established on the PC, so the issue is not there.  And finally, I experience NO issues with my VoIP service during these "hiccups."

I would greatly appreciate any assistance that can be offered.

--B

Expert
kent07

Re: RT31P2

These products are being handled by the Cisco Small Business Support Community. (URL: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/smallbizsupport)