Accepted Solution

why do i have to pay for software

i have spent 75.00 dallors for this router and why do i have to pay for the upgrade
Expert
Expert

Re: why do i have to pay for software

Which router?

Which upgrade?

Where?

linksy by cisio wrt160n i think i spen a lot of money and have to upgrade
Expert
Expert

Who told you where to upgrade what software?

Your router requires no upgrade for which you have to pay. The firmware upgrades for the router are available for free on the Linksys website.

why do i need the key to upgrade i lost my shareing printers etc and tells me to upgrade it said it was a trail but geeeeeeeeeeeeee 75 dallors and no key please help me or tell me what to do ....
Expert
Expert

One more time: which software are you talking about?

You setup printer sharing with the Windows wizard. See Windows help for instructions.

If those don't work I would say you have some malware on your computer...

hello again it says i need the license key for magic pro the sofeware that came with the router wrt160n the cd that came with the router
Expert
Expert

Then don't use Network Magic. You have got a trial version with your router. It's a trial. Don't pay for it if you don't want it. You don't need it to use printer sharing.

then how can i share a the printers in the house that is the only thing i need and THANK YOU SO MUSH FOR YOUR HELP i just bought a house here in las vegas and bought new computers etc... and iam low on money for right know.. please help me to share printers
Expert
Expert

As I have wrote before: it's a Windows problem. Check the Windows help it describes exactly how to do it and where to find the Windows wizard to set it up. Windows help is for free on your computer. Windows wizards are for free on your computer. Just look in windows help.

If it is still not working afterwards check your antivirus or firewall software on the computers.