Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
1dumbquestion

xbox 360 using linksys RT042

I have a comcast surfboard modem and a linksys RT042 router. My house is wired with Cat5e in all rooms from a central hub. the only way I can get my xbox to go online is if I connect directly to the modem. if I use the router it will not work at all. my computer works fine wether using the modem or router. anybody else have this kind of issue? thanks
helm

Re: xbox 360 using linksys RT042

Go to your router web based set-up utility...Click on the set-up tab and select Forwarding...Click on Service Management...

1) For Service Name enter ABC, Protocol should be TCP and Port range will be 88 to 88 and click on Add to list...

2)  For Service Name enter DEF, Protocol should be TCP and Port range will be 3074 to 3074 and click on Add to list...

3) For Service Name enter GHI, Protocol should be UDP and Port range will be 88 to 88 and click on Add to list...

4)  For Service Name enter JKL, Protocol should be UDP and Port range will be 3074 to 3074 and click on Add to list...

Now click Save Settings...Click on the drop down menu for Service and select all the ports you have added one at a time and enter the IP Address as 192.168.1.20 for all the 4 ports, check the Enable box and click Add to List and click on Save Settings...Now click on the Firewall tab and disable the Firewall option and click on Save Settings...

Goto the XBox Network Settings and IP Address Settings and select manual IP Settings and assign the following on your Xbox
IP Address :- 192.168.1.20, Subnet Mask :- 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway :- 192.168.1.1...

Turn off your modem, router, and Xbox...Wait for a minute...Plug the modem power first, wait for another minute and plug the router power cable, wait another minute and turn on the Xbox and test it...it will connect...