Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Draclvr

Re: AE2500 and Windows 8

Well, it's now June 1 and the new Window 8 Release Preview has been downloaded.  Still no support for the AE 2500 adapter.  Funny how I plugged in my old AE 1000, installed the drivers and it works just fine.

C'mon, Cisco.  We like our Cisco products, but you've got to help us out here with drivers for the new OS!  Please!

ScarletJamie

For sure Cisco will be releasing drivers that will support win8 soon. :smileywink:

Draclvr

I certainly hope so, ScarletJamie.  Given the huge number of posts in the Microsoft Windows 8 forums on this issue, you would think they would have done so already. 

ScarletJamie

I think Cisco engineers are working on it before windows 8 will be officially launch soon. :smileyhappy:

Jbreynolds1

Thanks for the help, I called support and they didnt have a clue. Even though I explained the issue she walked me through the entire troubleshooting steps. They dont listen to what you say, they just read scripts like a robot. I know enough about computers to know they dont have a clue. Thanks for making this easy!!!

KitoSoma

[RESOLVED] Re: AE2500 and Windows 8

[ Edited ]

I have verified that the Cisco Linksys AE 2500 will work using Micosoft Windows 8 Release Candidate (64-Bit).

First go to the Device Manager via Search or Control Panel. Locate Linksys AE2500 under "Network adapters". Right click Linksys AE2500.

Cisco1.jpg

Then, click "Browse my computer for driver software".

Cisco2.jpg

Then click "Browse" and locate the unzipped Windows 7 Driver folder (which you obtain from the AE2500 support page), selecting the "win7' folder and clicking OK.

Cisco3.jpg

Click "Next" and the driver should install itself.

It should show up in your Network Adapters at this point:

Cisco4.jpg

bnlf

Re: [RESOLVED] Re: AE2500 and Windows 8

I can confirm Windows7 drivers is indeed working but i had to make additional steps

1) took a long time for windows to finish driver installation and in the end it says the device was not compatible. Either way it was listed in device manager as installed

2) I wasn´t able to use the device, so i tried rebooting

3) after reboot, device was partially working. It was looking as everything ok but wasnt finding any wireless connections. I uninstalled the driver without deleting. 

4) it will remove the device and reinstall very quick

5) now i was able to use it perfectly :smileyhappy:

zimmers

It will work but unzip the downloaded driver then update driver then browse to that folder and do the update it works

IrvS

It works for me, when it works....

System is a Dell XPS8500. Came with W7 x64 and Dell's 1/2 card 1703. It is a 2.4Ghz only device, but it would only connect at 1/2 speed for N, 150Mbps. I wanted the full 300Mbps speed. So Dell sent an Intel 2230, but it too would only connect at 150Mbps.

Finally I was sent the LinkSys AE2500 dual band. At 2.4Ghz it connected even slower, 130Mbps. I now suspected a W7 TCP/IP problem. However when I connected the AE2500 to 5Ghz band it connected at 300Mbps... great.

Well, occasionally on boot the device appeared to be disabled. Maybe 1 out of 10 boots... and all I needed to do was enable and it was working again. I did try a re-install of the driver, didn't matter.

So why am here? Well last week the computer was UPGRADED to W8. The device works fine, but now it seems the disabled on boot is more often? Mayber 1 out of 5 boots.

Any ideas why this disabling is happening? I did try under W8 a driver re-install with no problems installing it?

Irv S.

Thanks,
Irv S.
earthmyrll120288

[ Edited ]

IrvS wrote:

It works for me, when it works....

System is a Dell XPS8500. Came with W7 x64 and Dell's 1/2 card 1703. It is a 2.4Ghz only device, but it would only connect at 1/2 speed for N, 150Mbps. I wanted the full 300Mbps speed. So Dell sent an Intel 2230, but it too would only connect at 150Mbps.

Finally I was sent the LinkSys AE2500 dual band. At 2.4Ghz it connected even slower, 130Mbps. I now suspected a W7 TCP/IP problem. However when I connected the AE2500 to 5Ghz band it connected at 300Mbps... great.

Well, occasionally on boot the device appeared to be disabled. Maybe 1 out of 10 boots... and all I needed to do was enable and it was working again. I did try a re-install of the driver, didn't matter.

So why am here? Well last week the computer was UPGRADED to W8. The device works fine, but now it seems the disabled on boot is more often? Mayber 1 out of 5 boots.

Any ideas why this disabling is happening? I did try under W8 a driver re-install with no problems installing it?

Irv S.

Try this:

1. Go to Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click on Change Adapter Settings.

3. Right click on the Wireless Connection (or Wifi adapter)

4. Click Properties.

5. Click Configure>click on the Power Management tab.

6. Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

power management.JPG