Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MartinO

AE3000 and Windows 8

[ Edited ]

First off, am I getting this right that there are still no Windows 8 drivers for this adapter? I had to run the setup disc with compatibility settings to get the software installed. Also, since I am using this adapter Wi-Fi shows "Off" under Networks, even though it is on and working. This was not the case with the WUSB600N I used before with Windows 8.

earthmyrll120288

Re: AE3000 and Windows 8

Hi MartinO,

On the website, there is no Windows 8 driver for this device yet; however, the operating system should be able to install a generic driver that would make the adapter work on your computer.  Reboot your computer with the adapter plug in so that the OS would install the drivers automatically.

MartinO

Thanks for your comment. Like I said I was able to install a driver, but there remain issues such as the "Wi-fi- (Off)". It would be nice if Linksys would make an effort of releasing a Windows 8 compatible driver. The latest driver is almost a year old.
opheliaimmortal23

Some other devices from Cisco’s home support website do not have Windows 8 update or drivers, too. We can only check from time to time if there will be a new release.

MartinO

[ Edited ]

I would certainly hope someone from Cisco checks in here from time to time too. The AE3000 has proven to be problematic with my installation using the Windows 7 driver (v. 3.2.8). Whenever I turn the computer on, or wake it up from sleep mode, the networking icon says No Internet Access (although displaying otherwise, all bars that is), and I have to restart, or reset the adapter to get it to work. Pretty annoying. I can only see a Windows 8 specific driver fix this.

Jake_2.0

Same here, it will be nice if there is a specific drivers for a specific OS so that the device will function properly. Let’s just hope that the drivers will be released soon so that these issues will be resolved.

adeshaye

Is there any mean to get a date for a W8 driver release for AE3000 from Cisco ????

ylime1984

Not sure also but I guess we'll have to check their download site from time to time moving forward.

MartinO

In the meantime I got the tip to uninstall the driver from the disc, and reinstall it using the one from the Cisco website. Same version (3.2.8) but this fixed everything for me! Wifi doesn't show "Off" anymore when it's On, and I don't have to reset the adapter anymore everytime the computer was in sleep mode. As far as I am concerned, the W7 driver seems fully compatible with W8.
kawal

you are correct. in most cases ojnly the driver is compatible and you install only the driver software - not the wireless configuration utility. since winxp, people would only install the drivers and just use the wireless utility of the OS and not the manufacturer's.