dalton14

Bad customer support

Recently, I decided to rma the ae2500 after it causes my PC to freeze and often not detected to my network.. I search online for any service centre in Singapore as there's no information on the box about service centre. I found out the company was located at Changi Business Park, so I travel all the way there hope to find a solution for my problem with the USB wireless adapter.
After I reach there, I ask the reception where I can find the service department, she told me she is not sure so she try to call to ask around. She said this is the first time a customer ask her about service centre, then she can't help cos the line not working (quite weird as the IP phone is Cisco branded and it's not working, how unreliable is the product from a reputable company..) thus she ask her colleague, and they can only guess maybe I can do it at funan centre.. Omg, mean I have to travel again.. And not sure it's the right location..
The big question is why a big company like Cisco have no proper service centre for their product? How the consumer have trust in their product when there's no proper service channel?
thebluemamba_24

Re: Bad customer support

I think if would be best that you contact tech support first so that they will be able to provide you the necessary information and where to go from there.

dalton14

The problem is that there's not even a link for a proper rma centre.. I've use linksys product many years ago and the experience suck cos of connection problems, I thought the company is getting better, but don't think so after I've read all the bad remarks from forumner. I'm just very regret to try it the second time, now using my old wireless adaptor which work flawlessly.. I won't be buying anymore linksys or cisco product or recommend it to anybody.. wonder how this company able to survive till now..

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Hi dalton14,

Please follow the link below for the hotline number for Singapore RMA. You may call them and tell them about your concern.

http://support.linksys.com/en-apac/contactus?icid=Cisco-Home-Networking-HN-FF-Contact-Us

dalton14

The number shown on the link is not local number, you mean to say that I have to call oversea for customer support?? Is this the current best practice for customer support?? omg!

dalton14

Even after calling the support line, an operator call ranie refuse to give me an RMA number, saying I need 2 computer to troubleshoot. what the hell! so what should I do with the wireless adaptor now?? just simply throw it away?? damm I spend $59 on this useless piece of junk and unreliable customer service support. I bought it on 19 Sep 2012, not even a year!

Expert
daikunzeon

Hi dalton14,

Please check your inbox here in the community forums.

dalton14

I believe your forum already have my email, I don't want to make another oversea call because of the **bleep** wireless adapter, I have make 2 useless trip, 1 is to changi business park Cisco, the other one is to funan centre wasting almost $20 in parking, if you were me, how would you feel? The worst think is the service hub at funan tell me to make the oversea call for rma number, I dunno how much is that going to cost me, end of the day, I didn't even get the wireless adapter fix, how do you feel as a customer? Like a bloody stupid fool, right? So more the ranie at the other end of oversea call tell me, hey you need another computer to test his bloody adapter, why should I buy another PC just to test it, it's bad customer support, bad business practice!
Expert
daikunzeon

Hi dalton14,

Please check your inbox again. Thanks.

dalton14

i have said that I'm not accepting oversea call, can't you read my email?