ixodid

Cannot uninstall USB54G network adapter

I have XP and I need to uninstall a USB54G network adapter to reinstall new drivers. I've tried uninstalling from Programs. I've tried uninstalling from Add/Remove Programs. No luck

I went into Safe Mode and went to Device Manager and found a ton of Linksys entries  under Network Adapters but when I tried to remove them I got a message saying they cannot be removed because they may be needed to boot the machine.

I restart in normal mode and go to Device Manager but there is nothing that says Network adapters.

Any ideas how I can get rid of the Linksys stuff so I can install fresh drivers?

helm

Re: Cannot uninstall USB54G network adapter

What's the error message are you getting, when you are trying to uninstall the adapter ?

elaguna

I hope this link would help. Click here

ixodid

helm, regarding your error message question:

When I try to uninstall from Add / Remove Programs, it acts like it is doing what it is supposed to and when I click Finish,
the program is still in the list.

The Install Shield icon appears on the Taskbar but clicking it does not open any window.

If I try to uninstall from Device Manager in Safe Mode, I get a message that says "Failed to uninstall the device. The device

may be needed to boot up the computer."

I also unchecked WUSB54GSVC in the Services tab in System Configuration Utility - no change.

elaguna, I followed that link and tried the suggestion to go to regedit and change the value to 4 but same deal.

I did not try Startup Inspector or CCleaner because I wasn't sure what to do with them.