Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
KHeiman

Cant connect to wireless internet

I have the WRK54G router and a WPC54G Version 4 adapter. For some reason the Adapter can communicate with my AP but wont surf the Internet. My EasyLink Advisor shows that its connected but i cant surf the internet on my laptop. Any advice would be appreciated.
forsaken

Re: Cant connect to wireless internet

if you have windows xp ,
1)go to start>>programs>>uninstall linksys notebook adapter
2)insert the CD for the adapter and click "exit" on the welcome screen
3)restart the laptop
4)you will find a screen titled Found new hardware wizard
5)follow the instructions on it and it should install the drivers for the adapter
6)once the drivers are installed , use windows xp wireless service to manage the wireless connection ..
jermelanderson

I have cable modem connection working but cant connect wireless
jermelanderson

i cant find linksys notebook adapater under programs
kevin morris

Hi,
I am having trouble with connecting my laptop wirelessly.
I also have a new I-touch and forgot my linksys password.
The router is several years old and I can't find the start up disk to re boot.

When I check  wireless connections for my laptop I can't find linksys although my other pc is connected through the same router (wrt54G)  and is working just fine.
Can you help get the laptop wireless again?
hoofhearted

my daughter unplugged her wired desktop to go to a lan party.  Now we cannot get the wireless adapter wrk546g to recognize her computer it says it is logged on but it will not surf the net.  I have narrowed it down to the router not recognizing her computer.  We have checked and rechecked the ip address and ran checks on all system info to no avail.
Any info would be appreciated.  This is a wireless system but also wired and the wired one will not log on.
Earl Rose

I have a Linksys router WRT54G V6 that I didn't use for a couple years.  Now I've changed to cable internet service and can use it again but cannot find an installation disk or instructions.  Are these available online?  If not, how can I obtain a copy?
Earl Rose
3dogsallie

Hi,
I am having trouble connecting my Linksys Router to my Gateway Laptop with Vista.
My main objective is to just be able to roam around the house with my laptop still connected to the internet. I hope I have bought the correct device.
I have the Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54G.
I am using DSL modem thru bellsouth. I have followed the instructions on the disk, but have not been able to connect to the internet afterwords.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Anita
helen_l_medley

canot connect to wireless internet
dreamofcarmen

I installed the cd, i followed all the steps it asked me, but Iin the last step, when it say checking the computer it says an error (easy link advisor couldn't establis a wireless connection to the router), and my computer is a lap top and i conect it to different networks but i can't connect it to my own.

This router was from my friend's pc, and ihe gave to me, so i have the password and cd to install it,  please tell me what am i doing wrong or what i have to do to get conected, ok

JORGE MARIN