tucansam

DPC3825: can't reset to default, can't login, can't configure wireless

NIB DPC3825 cable modem.  Called my provider and got it provisioned and its working (I'm on an ethernet connection posting this).  But when I http to 192.168.0.1, I get a screen that doesn't quite look like the one in the manual.  I enter the "admin" and "W2402" and click login, and the screen refreshes but nothing happens (no configuration options, only able to check status of downstream and upstream channels).  Pushing the factory reset button for ten seconds to load defaults makes the lights blink and then reboots; same result as above.  Pushing the wireless config button has no effect at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Expert
primus

Re: DPC3825: can't reset to default, can't login, can't configure wireless

Hi. Welcome to Cisco Community Forums. Can you identify the Linksys device that you have?
amiock

Hello:

I seem to be having a similar problem as tucansam.  For me however I cannot get past the log in screen.  I know I'm inputting the user name and password correctly.  I've also restarted the computer a few times, but nothing seems to be working.  I am using firefox (although I have also tried IE).  The device is a Cisco DPC3825. 

What really got me going on this path is that my iTunes home sharing and remote was not working, and a bit of research in the internet asked me to open some ports.  I understand logging in is the only way to do this.

Three questions:

1) Any suggestions on getting me past the log in screen?

2) Is logging in the only way to open the ports?

3) As the root cause of this request is getting iTunes home sharing and remote to work correctly, any suggestions there?

Thank you very much for your time,

Alberto Miock

Administrator
24JUAN80

Hi amiock and welcome to the Cisco Home Community!
The DPC3825 is supported by the Cisco Small Business Support Community.
For discussions about this product, please go here.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------