Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Simonizer1218

Help! Can't uninstall adapter drivers for WUSBF54G

I am attempting to uninstall the adapter drivers for the Linksys WUSBF54G, so that I can install new ones. When I attempt to install new drivers, it says that I need to uninstall the existing drivers. But I can't uninstall existing drivers because there is no uninstall program. I have deleted all know/found references to said adapter from the registry, and from the Program Files, but still cannot reinstall new drivers.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Raj17

Re: Help! Can't uninstall adapter drivers for WUSBF54G

Hi
        Have tried through Add / Remove Programmes....
Simonizer1218

Thank you. Yes, I tried using add/remove programs from control panel. I deleted all known references to linksys in the registry, etc.  Nothing I do will delete the drivers. Or if they are, in fact, deleted, the install program doesn't seem to recognize this fact, and tells me that I can't install new drivers because there are already drivers present.  I'm running Windows XP, by the way.  If anyone has other ideas, please, please, let me know.  I am currently without wireless, and it's very inconvenient.  Thanks in advance.

ARJ
ARJ

I have the same problem.  Cannot reinstall the WPC54GS v 1.1
since the install program says WLAN Monitor/Drivers already
installed.  No Wireless-G programs are running under Start>Programs. (Windows 2000P). No Wireless-G programs
appear in the menu under Control Panels>Add/Remove Programs.
I used Run>regedit to delete all references (except legacy
references, which will not delete).  I tried the uninstall program
in the utility folder on the disc - it reports it has uninstalled something, but the problem remains.  I tried uninstall/install
in safe mode. My next step will be to try a "chat"  with
Linksys service.  Any suggestions?

Simonizer1218

Seems like you and I have the same/similar problems, and have tried the same solutions, to no avail.  Tech support at Linksys (three phone calls totalling more than 2 hours) have no solution, so I'm afraid a chat with them will not help you. Their final suggestion was that I contact the manufacturer of my computer or contact  Microsoft.  I have my doubts that this issue will ever be resolved.  Please keep me posted if you find a way out. I'll do same.
JPK
JPK

I have the same issue. It won't let me unistall or reinstall. I also get access violation messages.
maliki974

c:smileyembarrassed:Program Files>Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter> Delete this folder.... Then file search LinkSys and delete anything found. Just be sure not to delete your driver file if you downloaded it....