Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
wayneb64

How do I get MAC addresses to come through the WET610N to my router?

I just upgraded my old NetGear G bridge to the Linksys Cisco N bridge, but now my attached devices list on my NetGear G router sees only the MAC address of the new bridge, no matter which device on the remote network (devices hooked through switch plugged into the bridge). All the devices have network connectivity, but I cant get reserved IPs to work since MAC addresses are not being passed. I managed to get at the admin panel of the bridge, but don't see any options talking about MAC addresses.
Wizzard

Re: How do I get MAC addresses to come through the WET610N to my router?

Reset the Wireless Bridge,Power cycle it and configure the bridge from start.If that does not work then,try to upgrade the firmware of the WET...You can download the firmware from www.linksys.com/downloads..On the GUI of the WET,click on the Administration tab to upgrade the firmware.
wayneb64

I put the latest firmware on this morning and had to to a full power reset just to get it working again after that. Its working fine right now accept that my router is showing all devices attached through that bridge as having that bridges MAC address.
Wizzard

That's strange..As you upgraded,resetted and reconfigured the device and still it does not work...It seems that there is a problem with the Wireless Bridge and you need to replace it..
wayneb64

I don't think its a problem as its working just fine, its more of a feature that I wish to disable. I use no security with an allowed devices list, so the fact that all devices hooked to the bridge/switch show up with the same MAC addresst makes my security easier, but defeats IP address assignment.