Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ddttox
Accepted Solution

How do I reset the password on my WGA600N gaming adaptor.

I have a WGA600N gaming adaptor that some how (I blame my daughters friends) stopped connecting to my wireless router.  When I try to access it I'm asked for a password. All my standard ones don't seem to work. How do I reset it so it lets me select a new user name and password. I've tried the reset button in the back and that doesn't seem to do it. I want to reset it back to the point where I bought it and start from scratch. The documentation is of no help at all.
yleclerc

Re: How do I reset the password on my WGA600N gaming adaptor.

If you read the user guide, you should find the method on how to reset the adapter to the original "blank" factory settings (on page 1):

To restore the factory default

settings, press the
Reset button for

approximately five seconds, using a

pin or straightened paper clip ( factory

defaults can also be restored via the

Tools > System screen of the Adapter’s

web‑ased utility).

Mort

If you reset the reset button on the back of  Gaming Adapter for 10-15 seconds then,it goes to factory default settings..After that you can open the linksys setup page and can configure the Adapter from scratch.
ddttox

Yes, I tried the reset button several times. I held it in for well over five seconds and could see the lights change on the front. It was still asking me for a password after all that. 
yleclerc

Have you tried the password "admin" with a "blank" user name?  This might be the same as the "default" passowrd for most Linksys routers.
Mort

Nothing in the Username box and in the Password box type "admin" in lower case.