Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dsmithers7

Installing WUSB600N driver for Windows 7

I don't know how to install this driver - I didn't see a .exe file or a "setup" icon - help.  Thank you.
yleclerc

Re: Installing WUSB600N driver for Windows 7

Connect the adapter and then the Add New Hardware is displayed, point the the folder the driver files are stored.
dibbler

[ Edited ]

Whats the Version number of your Wireless Adapter, If you have a Version 2 Adapter, then you can download the Drivers for Windows 7 from the Linksys Website.

Now Connect the adapter to the Computer and it will display you the Message "Found New Hardware"...and select the Option "Browse My Comptuer for Driver Software" and click on Next... Now you need to click on the Browse Button and select the Folder when you have extracted all the Files on  your Computer and click on Ok, and then Click on Next... This will Install the Drivers for your Adapter. Once installed sucessfully. Search for your Wireless Network and click on Connect. 

Now check if you are able to go online.

Message Edited by Vince_02 on 01-15-2010 02:39 PM
richmonke

Thanks for the link.

Since the driver for Win7 exists, shouldn't it be listed along with the XP and Vista drivers on the main product "Downloads and Drivers" page instead of forcing us to search the forums for the download link?

yleclerc

The Windows 7 drivers ARE listed when you access the WUSB600N version 2 support pages.  They do not "offically" exist for WUSB600N version 1 of this adapter.
stryker_tc

I am running Windows 7 with the WUSB600N. Here' is how I dot it to work.

The driver support is not a .exe. You will have to install it yourself...

Download the Windows 7 driver for your OS version from the Linksys Support page.

Save it to the desktop and then unzip it (WinRar / WinZip) to the desktop so you can find it easier.

Once unzipped you will see 3 folders:  Mac, Win7 32 and Win7 64.Choose accordingly...

What I did was install it through the "Device Manager". (Right click "My Computer", choose "Manage", then Device Manager",or use the "Search Bar under the Start Menu...whatever. Once you are in the Device Manager...

1. Make sure your WUSB600N is inserted in your computer.

2. Navigate down to "Network Adapters" If you see your WUSB600N adapter...great! Your halfway home!

3. Right click on the "Linksys WUSB600N Adapter.

4. Choose the option to " Update Driver Software"

5. Choose "Browse My Computer for Software"

6 Navigate to the desktop and choose the folder  that contains the name of your Windows 7 platform.

7. It should update but, HOLD ON! We are not done yet!!!

In order for it to start transmitting in that shiny new 5GHZ band, you must go into "Network and Sharing Center"

Once there, look on the left hand side of the main window and you will see "Change adapter settings"Go there.

You should see here that your existing adapter is still working (enabled) and your new Linksys WUSB600N has a big fat red "X" under it (disabled).

Right click on your  existing adapter and choose, "DISABLE"

Then, right click on the WUSB600N adapter and choose "ENABLE"

The last thing you should have to do is choose the network you want to connect to (for me it was the 5GHZ one) ..and Viola!!

Your new adapter should be singing! I hope this helps!

...don't always claim to be a "techy", but I'll give ya what I think I know...
phoenixt

Everything was going as you said until I get to this point 

Once there, look on the left hand side of the main window and you will see "Change adapter settings"Go there.

You should see here that your existing adapter is still working (enabled) and your new Linksys WUSB600N has a big fat red "X" under it    

(disabled).

Under "Change adapter settings" my new Linksys WUSB600N is not there.  Any suggestions?

yleclerc

Please chgeck to see that you have the WUSB600N Ver. 2 adapter.  The older "squarish' WUSB600N (no version) of hte adapter does not appear to have Windos 7 drives officially from Linksys.
andrewjula

I got the same problem too!

Mine is version.2 and I followed all the steps shown here: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20873

and I successfully installed the device like you guys talked about.

then what can I do?

I can not see the adapter under Network and Sharing Center", "Change adapter settings"

Pls help!!!!!

jaynorton

Hi

Yes, I have the same problem here.. trying to install Version 2 of this adaptor on a brand new Windows 64 BIT HP PC.  I purchased the USB Adaptor on Dec 2 09 and the PC the week before.

I firstly tried using the install CD that shipped with the device and the install wizard cannot even detect the adaptor even after several tries  !! ( and I did all the unplug / replug attempts too  ! )

Then I tried downloading the drivers for Win 7 from the Linksys support section ( latest ones ) and installed those.
You can now see the linksys USB device in device manager and device manager confirms that this is working correctly BUT....

if you go into network and sharing, it cannot even see the adaptor, so you cannot even search for any wireless devices.. no devices are found ?

I have re-installed the drivers, several reboots etc.. ( and this is a clean manufacturers build of Win 7  ) so the adaptor is the first hardware I have tried to install but still no luck.  I then found a link suggesting I try the latest drivers from RALINK for Windows 7 and these work ! As soon as these are installed it sees the device and the wireless icon immediately appears and it finds my wireless network.

I do not understand how an adaptor that is shown as Win7 certified on both the LinkSys product site and the Microsoft compatibility site will not install and work correctly out of the box with even it's own shipped install CD or the latest Win7 drivers ! from the site unless I am missing something here !

This also means I do not have any of the linksys device applications that may install from the CD for managing the device etc..

I tried to do a live chat with linksys support and after giving my product name and serial number, it sat there for 15 mins ?  the support advisor never replied apart asking these 2 questions..

Any one have any more ideas as I would prefer to be able to use the linksys software and drivers etc.

Does anyone know if the CD ISO download on the support page for the adaptor is newer ( includes the new Win 7 drivers etc.. ) than the shipped CD.

Regards

Jason